Our Commitment to Sustainability
We are glade to inform you that the Congress has been certified as a Green Event by the Autonomous Province of Bolzano/Bozen.
Our congress’ commitment is to reach a high sustainability level. Wherever possible, we have incorporated green meeting planning standards that reduce waste, used recycled materials and lessen energy usage.
Our efforts include:
- sourcing only local, seasonal and fresh food and drinks from South Tyrol
- using food from sustainable sources and respecting the ethical treatment of animals
- offer vegetarian options
- purchasing from fair trade certified suppliers (tea and sugar)
- eliminating the use of plastic bottles and use glass bottles and water jars instead
- using reusable plates, cups, napkins, and silverware
- using food bulk dispensers rather than individually packaged condiments
- sourcing conference bags in cotton
- asking participants to turn back printed material rather than throwing away
- printing conference material on recycled paper and double-sided
- reducing paper and printed materials through the option to use downloadable conference proceedings
- collecting badges and lanyards at the end of the conference